Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pleasure in Simple Things

I'm enjoying settling in to my simple and uncomplicated life.
I'm loving my new job and everything I'm learning in the veterinary field. And I thought that since I had been the owner of animals for the past 15 years that I really did know most of what I needed to know. But I am learning some pretty basic things...like, dogs have tonsils. Did you know dogs have tonsils??? I didn't know dogs had tonsils. Little simple things like that are fascinating to me. I'm enjoying my schedule - although the days are long. Starting work at 7:30 a.m. really isn't that bad, but working until 6:00 p.m. is a little rough. But I have time to come home at lunch and eat left overs or a sandwich and then when I get home at night, Del and I will usually have just a light dinner, do up dishes, watch some tv and then in bed by 9:00. Wednesday's are my day off, which is perfect because it breaks up the long week, since there are many weeks I will be working on Saturday. But I'm content.
I don't take my cell phone to work but check messages and calls at lunch and when I get home. I no longer email and I post on face book at lunch and after work. My evenings are spent here on my blog. I lay out in the sun on my day off...I bought a new swimming suit yesterday...Monday is a holiday and we will be having a huge Packard family barbecue at one of the cousins houses. I am still losing weight but only a pound at a time..I'm still at a total of 38 pounds lost.
Kathryn is driving to California with one of her roommates, as we speak; a 14 hour drive. I have mixed feelings...uneasy momma feelings...so I'm praying for her safety. She has her up and down days at school but seems to be, overall, happy with where she is and what she is doing. She was calling, texting and in continual contact for the first 3 weeks or so, but has now tapered off to only missing me every 2 days or so...she's adjusting just about like I thought she would...nicely. She loves her roommates and has made a few friends but I think she was hoping for a few more spectacular moments by now. All in due time Kathryn.
Kylie and Mike are busy with Preston, of course...and their garden...and their church callings...and life is just nice and sweet for them. They are busy though. We are loving the time we do get to spend with them but realize that the busier they get and the more Del and I get established into our new jobs, the more we will be spending mostly weekends together and little DURING the week.
Jordan and Lexi are enjoying the first year of their married life. Lexi is in school right now and will graduate in July with her first degree. Jordan is not on track right now for school but will continue in the fall, so he is working several different jobs. They are looking forward to the family cruise in September as I think it will be considered as their 'honeymoon'. Bahahaha...honeymooning with the family...probably not a first in the record books.
So, every day life is continuing at a slow and casual pace...just the way I like it at my age. But it gives me the time and pleasure of enjoying the simple things in my life...

No comments: