Monday, May 16, 2011

Working 9 to 5


Just call me Dr. Doolittle!!!!
I have a new job...hired today to be the receptionist at the Allen Veterinary Center starting on Thursday.
I am sooo excited!!!!
I'm out of the dental field...can you believe that??
And I'm happy about it. This is going to be a great experience. No insurance filing, no whining patients and no awnry co-workers. These ladies are sweet and kind and I really look forward to getting to know them better. I will schedule appointments, surgeries and take payments. I will be able to love little animals and help get them better. The clinic sees only cats, dogs and birds on Wednesday. I'm so glad there are no snakes, no other creepy crawly things and I will basically be safe.
Fun huh???
The pay is not as good as my previous jobs, but the office is only 6-7 minutes from my house, the stress level is minimal compared to the responsibility before and I feel much more relaxed than ever before.
Is this perfect for my stage in life???
Yes...
My schedule will be 7:30 in the morning to 6:00 p.m. 3 days a week - then some Saturday's in the morning and some Tuesday afternoons. I will work approximately 40 hours a week.
I am happy...
I am content...
I am blessed...

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Those are long work days...but you will be glad that you have those off days in between, I'm sure. Congrats!

Sean and Becky said...

Aunt Marlys, I'm so happy for you! We both have new, good jobs! Yay for us! Xoxo!