Wednesday, January 9, 2013

'Drop ANOTHER 20!!!'

YES, I had my annual visit to my doctor.
And YES, he said I had to drop another 20 pounds.  But I guess I should be more specific....I had lost 40 pounds when I went to the doctor last year and my numbers looked good!!!  My cholesterol AND my triglycerides were perfect...
Not so much this year.  I gained 12 pounds back!!  But more than that, my numbers were no longer great. Even though they weren't as bad as before, they weren't acceptable anymore either.  So, the doctor mandated that I lose 20 pounds...the 12 I gained back and another 8 to boot!!  ARGH!  And then he also put me on a cholesterol medication that I have to take for three months, then have my enzyme level checked to make sure the dosage is good, and then back on the meds.
SOOOOOO....disappointing, I know.  I really thought I would keep this weight off...but I have not only quit walking and doing any exercise whatsoever, but I also started back eating not such great stuff.  So, I have to be good, again...STILL - forever and forever the rest of my life.  KILL me now!!!
Kathryn is wanting to lose weight to though.  So we are going to cut out all junk food and try to get back to walking every day and taking the time to get back in shape.  I felt so good last year.  I want that feeling again.
The 'DROP 20' campaign has begun...
Today...
okay, no...
TOMORROW!!!

No comments: