Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Writing is NOT on the Wall

I'm turning 53 today.  Happy Birthday to me.
I've read a lot of great motto's and quotes over the past few days that I would love to implement in my life during this next year.  Most of them follow the theme of 'becoming the best me' and 'being better than ever'...etc..etc.  And one of them that I liked the most was about learning to distinguish wants from needs and trials and blessings.
Then, I heard this one this morning and felt it was something I wanted to engrave in my heart and mind...

'Write my troubles in sand
  and my blessings in stone.'

My blessings far out number my troubles and for this, I am grateful for another year.
My daughter in law Lexi went to the doctor today and it appears we are going to have another grandbaby the beginning of August.  They told us at Christmas time but Lexi will be announcing it on facebook later tonight, now that she has everything confirmed by the doctor and things look good.  We are so very excited for them...and us.  It will be another fun and exciting year.


No comments: