Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our Family Motto for 2013

When Del and I were brought in to the Stake Presidents office in December and Del was extended the calling of Bishop, it humbled us and softened our hearts to the realization, that our Heavenly Father truly does love us, trusts us and is very aware of us as His children.  Me, more so than Del.  Del has a very very personal relationship with his Heavenly Father, one that I have always admired and stood in awe of...because of the effort HE has made to let his Heavenly Father know he loves Him and His gospel.  I have not always had that relationship with the Father...my fault, of course, and lack of effort to make it that way.  Until the past year.  And, I can finally say, that over the past year, I have finally found myself sufficiently humbled and in need of an eternal relationship with my Heavenly Father.  And I have made some changes.
After the call, Del and I spent many days in discussing our life style, our commitments to the Lord, our desires to live a life of service and obedience to Him and the way we wanted to represent Him in the Aubrey Ward.  Del expressed some of his personal desires, I expressed a few of mine, and between the two of us, we came up with OUR family motto...Del's and mine.
Our main theme or motto would be the following:
  "All things work together for the good
   of those who love the Lord."
And the way we would accomplish that motto and belief would be through doing the following four things:
   1.  Love God
   2.  Be Nice
   3.  Be Grateful
   4.  Work Hard

We feel blessed already as we have implemented all these things in our living day by day.  I have faltered, on occasion, to be nice, especially in my place of work, to the point, that I knew something had to change.  I was finding it more and more difficult to be patient and understanding of differences and inabilities of others at work to the point that I was outright mean to some co-workers.  I needed to leave.
It was going to happen sooner or later as the long drives, low pay and frustrations were becoming less and less acceptable.  So, I quit.  But through it all, I am more relieved than sad about the whole thing as it now gives me an opportunity to be where I need to be instead. I remained quiet about it until the following Monday, three days ago, when I finally put that I was 'job hunting' on facebook.  I was immediately contacted by a previous Aubrey Ward member that had moved months ago.  She said her office was hiring and would I send her my resume.  I interviewed there yesterday...and it was a very good interview - a 'slam dunk' in her words.  BUT, the kink in the works???  The friend, Leanne, who would be doing the training for my position, went into labor and is now in the hospital - so there is no-one to train me.  They want to hire me but find themselves in limbo until they know what Leanne is doing baby wise...as she is only 34 weeks, and they are trying to stop her labor.  The doctor she works for is an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor.  I would be the receptionist.  Monday through Thursday 8-5, Friday's half day - takes me 15 minutes to get there and a raise of over $2/hr from my previous job.  It is...ideal.
Limbo.
Del reminded me of our motto.  'All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord.'
So, patience now falls into place.  Patience and a desire to know the Lord's timing.  May all fall into place quickly and I may start next week.  But then again, it may be another week..maybe two.  Maybe another job.  I do not know yet.
Yet.  But hopefully soon.  Much prayer, faith and living our motto.
I feel blessed.

No comments: