Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sobering Moments

No, he has not passed.
He only sleeps.
But Becca sent me this picture and it dropped me right to my knees.
Denial.  I'm in TOTAL denial.


Then last night, Wednesday, Jordan called us in the early evening to tell us that when Lexi went to her dr's appointment that afternoon, the dr's could not hear a heart beat, so they sent her for an ultrasound only to find that the baby had passed and was no longer viable.  They called her with the news several hours later.
They are heart broken, as are we.
I know no other details as of right now, but I am under the impression that something more may need to be done to 'remove the fetus'.  I will find out some details when I go to visit Lexi today.  Jordan says she is distraught, as I can only imagine.  And in Jordan's sweet manly way, he is trying to be brave and strong for her, hiding the fact that he too, is distraught.

This has been a rough week; as a daughter, as a mother, as a sibling and as a friend.
It's only Thursday and I'm ready to 'call U.N.C.L.E'.
Lord's working overtime in the 'comforting' department this week for me.  I certainly feel His love.
Now, to try and share it with Lexi.

No comments: