Saturday, January 26, 2013

Now I Wait

Not because patience is one of my better virtues, but because it is mandated in these circumstances, I now must wait.

First, my job situation.  The first job I interviewed for..Dr. DeFreitas' office - his wife called me back and said they would be waiting to hire, most likely in 10 weeks....4 more weeks for Leanne to deliver baby, then 6 weeks maternity leave...but they WILL be calling.
   Job#2 - I applied at Point Bank and interviewed THREE times this past week there...progressive interviews.  All three interviews and multiple phone calls went VERY well. I think I am probably #1 on the list, but who knows, I could be very surprised and not offered the job.  I should know next Monday or Tuesday and then probably they would want me to start on Wednesday.  But I wait to hear.

Jordan and Lexi have been left with three options on how to deal with the passing of their baby.  Lexi is still carrying the fetus, which is very difficult for her.  The options are to, 1- go in and have a surgical D&C, where they would scrape the uterine wall and remove the remains (expensive and surgery).  2-she can take medication that will cause her to 'go into labor' and miscarry the baby through contractions or 3-she can't wait for nature to takes it's course and let it happen on it's own.  That option means sometimes up to 3-4-5 weeks, she could carry the non-viable fetus.  They really can't afford the D&C, but we would help them if that was the option they chose.  But I think Lexi has decided that she would like to wait days, maybe up to a week, to see if the baby will pass on it's own.  If not, then they would do the medication method.  So, we wait to hear.

It appears my daddy is being moved to a care facility treatment center where my mother has been told he will probably stay, not able to come home again.  She is heart broken.  And when they tell him, it could very well be the tipping point for him too, to where he will no longer desire to live alone, but prefer to die.  His pain level has been so high that he has several times requested 'to go', us not knowing if that means 'go home' to his house, 'go home' to his Father...or what.  The hospital can't do anything more for him, but mom is NOT able to take care of him on her own either.  So we will wait to see what this move will mean for him.  That will happen today.  Sheila and other siblings are up there now.  Elaine will go up next week and stay for two weeks.  Then, depending on the situation, I would then go and stay also.  I am really not able to go until after the blessing of Madison on the 3rd of Feb., but then of course, I would be starting a new job that I would have to ask to postpone until I got back.  So, once again, I wait.

Del and I are going to the temple tonight for our ward temple night.  Jordan and Lexi are going with us.  I am hoping the peace and quiet, and spirit of the temple will give me the opportunity to receive some answers and direction for my life in the next two weeks.  My head hurts from thinking.

So, I will wait to think...until I have to.

No comments: