Sunday, January 13, 2013

It Was Time

And it was a 'one person' job being occupied by two people; one who knew what she was doing and one who was NEVER going to know what she was doing.
And I was Beat Down...and getting awnry...and not nice.  I was gone from home 13 hours a day, working a very low paying job, but I liked most of the people I was with.  But the two I was having a difficult time with?  Well, one is the office manager, who as a person, is wonderful and nice and all, but as an office manager?  Uh...NO!  But not going to pick her to death now.  The other was the new girl hired as a tech, but we came to find she wasn't a tech...so of course, made a receptionist, which BTW, she's not either.  And she was sucking the life out of me...and I was not being very nice.  I needed to leave.
So, I did.
Friday, I quit.
I came home, cleaned house, made a great dinner for my family and relaxed.  Then yesterday, I spent the morning with Del, planting tulips and daffodils in our front yard, doing laundry, made another wonderful family dinner, and then went over to spend 3 hours with my two sweet grand children.
I am calm.  It was going to happen sooner or later...just happened sooner than I had planned...and now, I will need to go find something else..hopefully closer to home and better paying.
I have a very supportive husband, family..I'm disappointed in myself to see the areas in which I was unkind and let the working situation be a reason to be not nice to someone.  I shouldn't have done that.  I gossiped, I said unkind things and I walked out on some very nice people.
Could it have been done differently?  Of course, and probably should have been...
But, I'm afraid I wasn't going anywhere fast, except deeper and deeper into my black, moody hole.
Now, I have a new start, with lessons learned from the last experience.
It was time.

No comments: