Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back in Texas

Grandma and Grandpa took us out to Sizzler for lunch before we drove through a snowstorm to the airport. It was a nice visit to Utah...ended way too soon, and Texas arrived even sooner than that. We arrived early so there was no-one there to greet us. Del, Kylie and Mike arrived about 15 minutes later..kind of anti-climatic. But that was the basic feeling I had anyways. Kathryn was quite excited so I figured she would have enough excitement for the both of us. They did surprise us with a new car in the airport parking lot. A 2002 Honda Accord. It will make things nice for while Jordan has the van.
Back to work today with a full busy day. Didn't leave me much time to reflect on how I felt about being back home in Texas. I guess I'll try to stay that busy for awhile so I don't have to think about it. I gained three pounds back during my trip but it feels like more than that. The inches feel much thicker than only 3 pounds. So I walked Lacey first thing after work today and only ate very little for lunch. I won't have dinner, mostly because I'm just not hungry. Going to start reading a new book tonight. I'm going to try and get to bed earlier in the next little while just to try and keep myself energized. Anything can help.

No comments: