Saturday, March 28, 2009

The GNARLY Scar


After a tender hug and a kiss from Kathryn, that was her comment about my surgery..'that's a gnarly scar mom'.
It's a little over an inch long and there are 6 stitches below the surface and 6 on the top surface - and it hurts like the dickens. My surgery was in the morning - took about an hour - I was slightly sedated before the injections for anesthesia and then I had the 'shakes', a reaction I always get with any anesthesia...I sat out in my car to get my bearings and relax before I drove home and then rested the remainder of the afternoon. Del and Kathryn were very attentive to my needs but during the night, while they slept, I was up feeling a lot of the pain - I was out on the couch trying to endure it while watching basketball. I'm supposed to keep in bandaged the rest of today and then starting tomorrow, I can take the bandage off and let it 'air dry' heal.
I have an appointment for next Friday to have these stitches removed and then have my lip done. NOT looking forward to THAT one. He thinks he may do something a little differently on the lip so as not to have such a big scar, but we'll see.
Just going to be a nice weekend of resting. Glad I have such a great daughter and husband who are being so kind and loving.

No comments: