Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Day for the Irish













We had a very fun St Patrick's Day today - meeting over at Rebecca's first thing this morning where we played games and had fun before going out to lunch to a place called Zuppa's - a salad, soup and sandwich place. Good food, but I was very careful to not overdo as I knew we would be stopping at the See's candy store across the parking lot. I bought Jennifer's little girl Andy a bunny chocolate and I got myself just a See's chocolate sucker.
On the way home, we stopped at my Aunt Alice's grave site where I took pictures of her headstone and marveled at the beauty of where her body lay to rest. My parents will be buried right alongside these best friends of theirs, Uncle Floyd and Aunt Alice. Some discussion was had as to which side of the plot dad wanted to be on..next to Uncle Floyd, or mom next to Uncle Floyd. Interesting conversation.We asked them to write down their final decisions as to what to have on the headstone etc...
Back at Becca's, we played more games until Rachel had to leave for home and mom and dad needed to go also. Kathryn had gone out to the mall with Moon cousins and then came back in time for our Irish celebration...corned beef and cabbage with red potatoes, green rice krispy squares and green mint milk shakes. Fun dinner before the kids went off to YM/YW joint activity.
We're back at Von and Ann's now for the evening. The March Madness brackets have been filled out by all and the party begins on Thursday morning when we will once again get together at Becca's house for the BYU/Texas A&M game at 10:30 in the morning.
Life just couldn't be better right now with the fun Kathryn and I are having in Utah. Jordan called several times today just about as excited as I am to come down this weekend to see me. It will be so much fun. Kathryn is NOW, as of today, once again wanting to move here to Utah to finish her schooling at Lone Peak High School. We still have 6 more days here and I imagine just as many mood swings and changes of mind before we know what she really thinks. So I just let her talk and listen to all she has to say, knowing that by the end of all of this, she will still not know what she wants in life.

No comments: