Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Mullett

Okay, so three weeks ago, I had HAD IT with my long hair - especially on top and on the sides. I didn't have time, and couldn't afford to go have my hair cut, so I did it myself. Chopped off the sides and then did from the crown of my head forward - short. I've done it a few times before, but never quite this poorly and quickly.
My girls teased me several times, saying I had a 'mullet thing going'...
So, what's a mullet you ask?? Official teenager answer...
'BUSINESS IN THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK'.
I arrived in Utah and the first thing my nephew Spencer said to me was , 'Sure Aunt Marlys, you come to Stephanie's wedding, not mine..and BTW, nice mullet going on there.'
I finally had to ask Kathryn , 'What is a mullet?'
My mother says it is a fish...great. THAT makes me feel better.
It's short in the front and long in the back - like Billy Cyrus when he sang country music.
After 4-5 times of being teased about my haircut, or lack of, I made an appointment with my Utah hairdresser, Diana, and she evened out the front and the back with cute layers and fixed my disaster. She tried to keep as much length as she could but had to chop enough off of it to fix my train wreck. It looks fairly decent now and Jordan was still able to find enough of it left to keep running his fingers through it while we watched movies.
So, I bid farewell to my mullet and swear off being my own hairdresser - especially in moments of desperation.

1 comment:

AnnCP said...

Never gave myself a mullet - but I am sporting a "too-short" bang job right now!