Friday, March 20, 2009

Stephen and Stephanie - Party Time













And the reason for our trip to Utah was to witness the marriage and temple sealing of our dear Stephanie and her fiance Stephen. And what a lovely sealing it was. Daddy performed the marriage and sealing and did a wonderful job. There were many nieces and nephews in attendance and many of Mark and Elaine's friends. It was a great showing of respect for that family and the people who love them.
The reception that evening had the arrival of my date for the weekend - Jordan arrived, safe and sound, and was I thrilled to see him. We had a big hug and then enjoyed the evening of celebration with family and friends. It was so great to celebrate such a wonderful occasion. Jordan even tried to catch the brides garter, but his forthcoming marriage appears to still be a little time off as one of the bachelors in front had the garter fall nearly in his lap. my daddy enjoyed spending the day with his brother, and Kathryn and Jordan enjoyed many cousins and aunts and uncles.
We're back at Von and Ann's now watching yet another movie. Kathryn and I watched 'Tuck Everlasting' last night and we were sooo mad at the ending. We also watched 'Timeline', which we loved and will watch again with Del when we go home to Texas. Jordan is watching some of it tonight before we head off to bed.
A good, special day - a wedding and reunion with my Jordan. I can sleep happy.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I am so glad that you are having a great time in Utah. You deserve a good break from life. I love the picture of your dad and Uncle Floyd. That is a treasure. PJ reminds me of Paul too, in so many ways, but somehow different ways too. You look great!!