Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wrapping up Loose Ends - February Gone

This is our dinner tonight...Wild Mushroom Stuffed Beef Tenderloin. I think Del 'sipped' into one of the bottles while cooking. It really is much better than the picture portrays. We had it in a sumptuous marinade for 10 hours, then seared the roast in the dutch oven and then finished by stuffing it with this yummy mushroom, red onion, pine nut stuffing mixture - and now it cooks in the dutch oven for just over an hour. Our new recipe for the week and I'm really looking forward to it.
This past week ended the month of February, so along with 'wrapping up' our tenderloin, I'll wrap up the week/month.
The diet....I weighed on Friday and joyfully I report that I have lost 14 pounds. It doesn't show a lot, although the ladies at work and Kylie both mentioned that they can tell, mostly in my stomach area. My pants are very loose on me and my bust line is diminishing quickly. If I had known THAT would happen, I wouldn't have had a reduction 9 years ago. I've gone from a 'D' cup to a 'B' cup in the past few years. This morning when I weighed, I happened to be down even another 2 pounds from Friday, but I only go with Friday's weight numbers. I continue to walk with Lacey but missed a few days this past week when it was really cold.
Work...still wish I could quit but continue to endure hoping that I might actually take some time off in April along with Spring Break. We had a good month of February and I will make a small bonus - probably enough to pay to add Kathryn to our car insurance.
Kylie - if you follow her blog, you have read where she is having a few medical procedures done due to an abnormal pap smear. Mike has been out of town this week and so I have gone with her to the dr. for some of these procedures. I happen to have a 'slight' different take on what she is needing to have done and why...but not to share at this time. Her results from Friday's testing should be in next week and we will hope that nothing further has to be done. She is in our prayers though...Mike comes home tonight, for which we are grateful, as Kylie became our house guest in the middle of the night last night as she was SURE there was someone breaking in to her home...it was her printer resetting its self...but Lacey was THRILLED to have Kylie home the several times she was over during the week. I had to smile as I heard the two girls getting ready for church this morning and their bantering back and forth as to the mirror and bathroom usage. Good old times.
Stake Conference was wonderful this weekend with today's session being broadcast from Salt Lake with Pres. Uchtdorf and Elder Cook presiding. Their messages were poignant and precise - from D&C 30 to David Whitmer -
1 - Listen and give heed to the Lord's spirit - set aside pride and stubborness.
2- Focus on spiritual instead of worldly things.
3- Listen to and follow our leaders.
Also, last nights message from our stake president said one thing that gave me much thought. It was this question..
'Are you learning more than what has been said?'
I've pondered much since last night about the multiple meanings of that statement and how he then concluded with the message of being able to receive revelation and the 'proper use' of agency. It has given me much to think about and organize in my mind and heart, of which I am sure will take me more than just a few days to wrap my thoughts around. I want to understand what he said more than just on the surface of the message. I want to study it out in my own mind the inspiration behind the statement/question and what that can mean in my own life. I came away from the conference feeling that there is much more for me to do in understanding the promptings of the spirit and then implementing those promtings into action.

Well, the aroma in the kitchen is telling me that we have another 'keeper recipe' to add to the file. The meal should be ready in a little over 30 minutes so I will close this entry.
BYU mens basketball team beat Utah last night in a great game!!! They won in volleyball this past week also - not the basketball men, the volleyball men...you know what I mean!!! But I'm getting ready for the MWC basketball playoffs and then going right in to March Madness, hopefully with weeks full of watching the BYU team. I think, of course, of Stephen and Wanda Dunn during this time and remember our great trips and memories of NCAA basketball games. Some good times to remember!!!! GO BYU!!!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Meredith and I both commented on how good you looked today. Looks like the walking is paying off!