Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Time to go Home

So tomorrow, we fly back to Texas. I'm a little sad but I guess 'reality' has been set aside for long enough. Heavy sigh.
Kathryn went to 'The Best of EFY' yesterday and listened to a Brother Smith and the infamous John Bytheway. She LOVED it and was so touched by the wonderful spirit that she felt there. Both she and her cousins laughed their heads off, enjoying the humorous messages shared by both men and the sharing of their testimonies. Kathryn has had a great experience up here in Utah and has recognized some important things about her life and decisions she has made and been making recently. She is feeling much changed and wanting to have some calmness and peace in her life. And she knows now that this comes from living the gospel and having a testimony of our Savior. I have been thrilled to see a changing of her heart and desire to live the gospel this past week. I feel some real hope for her and our lives in Texas. Yes, she wants to stay in Texas. I'm thrilled. I would just miss her too much.
Jordan left today to go back to Idaho. He has the van - and within in one mile from his apartment, was pulled over by a policeman - clocked going 53 in a 45 mile zone. He's disappointed, as am I. That will increase our insurance premiums and be quite expensive - $140 to be exact. He felt terrible and I was more thrilled that he had arrived safely and in enough time to get to bed and get some good sleep for another week of school. I miss him already. I won't see him again now for probably 5 months or so. Heavy sigh again. Yesterday, we spent the day getting him some groceries, new garments, getting the van serviced and full of gas and then playing games and having dinner with his cousins over at Rebecca's. We laughed and had the best time - including getting Jordan to call a girl that has been pursuing him up at school for a date on Friday night. He will have a good time. He is adorable. I wish he had a little more confidence in himself and felt better about his own good looks and personality. He just doesn't feel he has much to offer any girl. But hopefully, soon, he will realize what he really does have to offer.
Well, it's late and tomorrow brings doing a few loads of laundry and packing things up before we leave for the airport. We'll be home around 8:00ish p.m. The diet starts over. The belly roll and thickness have returned and I have eaten WAYYYY too much while here. Oh well....I have to remember that I have this full year to finally meet my goal of 150 pounds. I just didn't expect to have to start over soo soon. I haven't weighed, but I feel about 5-7 pounds back on.
So, tomorrow? Back to the diet, back to the heat, back to work, back to.....all of it. Does anything ever CHANGE????

No comments: