Friday, April 27, 2012

Busy Couple of Days

Since my last post...it's just been busy stuff.
Work, Relief Society Homemaking meeting about Women's Safety from a police officer.  It was really quite humorous but also really really informative.
I went also to the Open House for Dr. Henoa, the orthodontist that I used to work for at my previous job.  I love her.  I worked for her for three years and she was good.  Really good.  I miss her and her little family.  Her open house was really well attended and she is doing extremely well in her new office.  I'm so proud of her for going out on her own.
Today was my day off...so I spent my early morning mowing the lawn, cleaning the house, doing some laundry and then getting dinner in the oven so that all Del had to do was turn the oven on while I was gone to the movies with Kathryn.  She and I had such a fun time....kind of like old times...movies, laughing, crying, sharing and secrets.  I'm so proud of her and the improvement she is making.  Still has some struggles and difficult moments, but overall, she is trying so hard to be such a good woman.  I love her.  We saw two movies...
The Lucky One and the Mirror Mirror.  First was great...the second one was just so so.  Then we stopped off for ice cream.
Tonight, we had a yummy dinner with great company.  Sean and Becky are in the process of moving and so really don't have a lot of time to stop for dinner in between their trips to their new home.  So I made one of Becky's favorite dinners - pork chops, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and dinner rolls.  Then Lexi and I did up a no bake cheesecake during our playing of games.  An overall fun night....
I'm back to work tomorrow.  But thank heavens I love my job.  The temple is closed this week and next...of course.  So I have not been able to go yet.  Disappointed but not defeated.  This weekend is Stake Conference so we will go tomorrow night to the adult evening session and then Sunday in the morning.  A nice weekend.
Del will not leave this next week, but the week after for Washington DC.  Appears he will be working from DC for the summer and maybe up to 5-6 months.  It will depend on how the 'big deal with the Military' goes.  he will come home on the weekends.  I'm glad he is doing so well.
So...like I said...just a bunch of every day living and staying busy.
But that's good....for someone like me, who likes things just level and even key.
One note....
Because of Becky and Sean's moving, they are borrowing our mini van and I am driving their Honda Accord.
The other day, I went to Sams grocery store.
I came out and spent the next little while looking for my car.
I never did find it.  But I finally found Sean's...15 minutes later.
Senior Moment.

No comments: