Sunday, April 22, 2012

Of Course, I Cried

Today in Primary, one of our new little 5 yr olds was assigned to give a talk.  His name is Casen Shumway.  For the most part, he is a really quiet child and only participates in the songs and Primary when he has had plenty of time to loosen up and get comfortable in his surroundings.  But then, still, he is not overly excited or talkative about anything.
Right before he was to get up and give his talk, he frantically looked over to his dad, whom he told me would be coming up to help him, and motioned for him to hurry and join him at the pulpit.  His dad was by his side in a flash and I could see Casen relax.
Then he started.
His talk was the reciting, by memory, word for word, the page long, small print Proclamation of the testimony of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostle of Jesus Christ called..'The Living Christ.'
I started sobbing.
Casen only paused two or three times where he would wait for a ONE WORD prompting from his father before he would continue with the paragraph long phrase that came next. I was stunned...by the spirit that he presented and by the fact that this 5 yr old had not only taken the time to memorize this Proclamation, but that he had parents who had obviously sat with him day after day after day to teach him the many words he had memorized.
I was so grateful for the spirit that had touched my soul.  He was a testimony to me of the truthfulness of his words.
I gave my thanks when I came home to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have this experience today.

No comments: