Monday, April 9, 2012

Finding Waldo




The pictures make sense when you know the story.
Mike and Kylie left today for a 5 day cruise for their 4th anniversary and so Del and I have made arrangements to do the babysitting this week. Del took off today and tomorrow and then I took off Wednesday and Thursday and Friday is my regular day off...so, we have it all covered. Del went over early this morning so he could be there when Preston woke up and wouldn't miss his momma too much if 'Papa' was there.
The day was filled with walks, movies, playing and learning the A, B, C's. After Prestons nap, Del brought Preston over to our house at about 4:30 so Del could have dinner and have Preston eat over here. I got off at 6:00 and came right home to spend some time with them both before they had to go back to put Preston to bed. But when I got home, Lexi and Jordan had taken Preston and Lacey for a walk to the local elementary school so I had to wait about another 30 minutes before they got home to see Preston.
Del had mentioned that even though they couldn't find Laceys leash and collar, Preston still wanted Lacey to go, so I imagined Jordan and Lexi had their hands full. And when I saw them walking towards the house, Jordan put Preston down and I watched as Preston ran down the street to me. It was adorable. Jordan was tired, finding it hard to manage both Lacey and Preston off leashes...bahaha... We spent the next 45 minutes or so, feeding Preston, making smoothies and then packing him up for Del to take him home to go to bed.
After they left, I helped Lexi do up some dishes before I started to get out my Bosch to make up a cake for work tomorrow. I found one of the beaters but began searching for the second one without much success. I went through drawer after drawer, cupboard after cupboard, through the dishwasher twice and then did it all over again. What the heck?? How could I lose ONE beater??? Lexi joined in the search...Jordan heard our frustrations and so he joined in the search too. After about 20 minutes, we finally figured out, Preston must have taken it somewhere. he had been known to hide a few things before...not intentionally, of course, but lost none the less. So, we started searching with 'where would Preston have put this?' in our minds. He had been in bathrooms, bedrooms and all over the house. Then Jordan looked in the newly dumped garbage can and exclaimed...'I found it!' Not my beater, but...Lacey's leash. (first picture) Our first discovery. Jordan called Del and told him about our find and then casually mentioned the beater. I watched Jordan as he walked into the t.v. room while talking to Del and then exclaim, 'Yep. it's here!' (2nd picture). Preston had put it on the bookshelf next to some pictures. We laughed and laughed.....
I made the cake and got things cleaned up in the kitchen before deciding I was going to blog this cute little story about Preston when Lacey came up to me hinting it was time to feed her. I had noticed her bowl was empty, so I went to her bag of food to scoop out some food into her bowl, when low and behold...ta da...third picture. My cell phone. REALLY??? He had hidden Kathryn's phone in there once, but I didn't even know he had taken mine!!!! I wouldn't have found it until?...well, when I did.
It has had me giggling all night, every time I think of that sweet little boy going from place to place in this house putting things in places we would never think to look for things he has hidden. It has been better than any possible Easter egg hunt we would have had yesterday...
Makes me question...WHAT ELSE WILL I FIND OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS?????

No comments: