Saturday, April 7, 2012

'On The Rocks'


I am LOVING work.
With the few changes that have happened over the past 4 months, I have felt more energized and enthusiastic about the progress being made at work and the way everyone is starting to gel and working together. There is a feeling of...umph in the office.
And I'll be honest, it's me.
Now that the smothering and restricting presence of the former receptionist has left the building, I feel like I have been released out of a 'Jack in the Box.' I feel free...liberated and able to finally show what I can do for this office.
I have my 'mo-jo' back.
And it's contagious. Every morning, I greet each employee as they come in..and they smile now. They respond. They like it. No grouchy faces around our office anymore. And everyone seems to feel the energy.
The other day, I was scheduled to come into work late and stay late...the 10:00 am - 8:00 pm shift. I hadn't slept well the night before and by 10:00, the girls were noticing I was just a little 'off my game'...forgetting simple things and having several brain farts right in a row. They were getting quite a kick out of it as it was really throwing me off. Then, one client was needing help getting her large dog up into the back of her car. When I volunteered to help her, she nonchalantly said 'will that be okay with your old back?' What the heck???? My old back??? Of course, that caused quite the roar in the office.
After the client left, I jumped up from my chair and with some exaggerated 'kung fu' moves, I showed the girls how 'I should have showed that young twerp what my old back could do'. They all laughed and one girl mentioned that when she's slow in the morning, she just adds something special to her coffee or has a 'Red Bull' to get her going. I stared her in the face and boldly told her to 'bring on the Red Bull...and I'll have it ON THE ROCKS'.
Okay...so I have no clue what a Red Bull is...and had no idea it NEVER goes 'on the rocks.'
And according to Nikki, our kennel worker, the last thing I would EVER need was a Red Bull.
It made them all roll with laughter, imagining Marlys after one Red Bull.
Thank heavens for The Word of Wisdom.
Apparently, for Marlys, Red Bull falls under the category of 'strong drink'.
Nothing I'll be trying anytime soon.

No comments: