Saturday, April 7, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter, Like Daughter, Like Daughter.








My 'Grammie' is Alice Martin, who married my grandfather and became Alice Martin Dunkerley. She was from England...a small, petite little lady that was beautiful and full of life. I remember her well; her hair that was brushed 100 strokes every night, her homemade custard pie, her dentures that my father made with an implant, her perfect 4 minute boiled eggs that I ate with brown toast and marmalade, Cadbury chocolate bars and Friday night sleep overs.
Grammie had 2 daughters, one of which was my mother, Sheila Dunkerley, who later married my father and became Sheila D. Packard.
In looking at the picture above of my mother and my Grammie, I can see a slight resemblance between the two; but I think my mother looked much like her father too.
The best resemblance comes in the next generation. Out of my twelve siblings, I look most like my mother. My mother had red hair in her younger years and so did I. I am built like my mother and my father says I remind him most of my mother when he met her for the first time.
Then, I have my two daughters, Kylie and Kathryn.
Most people say that Kylie looks like her father and Kathryn is mine.
I tend to agree.
Kylie does have my eyes...Packard eyes. The rest of her is Jemmett...the Lott side of the family.
On occasion, I see me in her...maybe her nose...but mostly, she's Jemmett.
Then there's Kathryn.
She's mine....from top to bottom and from inside to out. Looks, attitude, mood swings and all. She's mine.
But the four generations are obviously swinging from the same family tree.
From Kathryn all the way back to Grammie, we are mothers and daughters from God.

No comments: