Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday is a Special Day...





I worked this morning while Del and Lexi went to the temple and Jordan had something else.
Then I came home to find that Del and Jordan had gone to purchase a new lawn mower as our one of 15 years or so, went KA-PUT!!!!
They spent the next...what? hour or so trying to actually read the directions and put this lawn mower together. I had to get a picture to prove that they really can work well together. Of course, I have not included any dialogue under the photos because there were a few impatient words passed from one to the other, but overall, the end result was a beautifully manicured lawn and yard.
And then tonight, we enjoyed our first Packard family get together of the year...or, I should say, the first that we have attended. I have been a little 'Packard gun shy' lately...We have some very strong, opinionated and out spoken family sometimes and I've been trying to really live a very peaceful and calm life. I tend to get a little 'over zealous' in some of my conversations when I get with the rest of them, so tonight, when I felt that starting, our family quietly slipped out and left a little earlier than the rest. We are quite the judgemental family...hard to realize and listen to. I fall into the trap VERY easily when I'm with them. I don't want to be that way anymore though.
But it was still fun, introducing Lexi to everyone. She was adorable and I was very proud of her for holding her own. A little overwhelming the amount of people...and not everyone was even there.
It was nice to take some pictures though of everyone.
Great family.

No comments: