Sunday, April 29, 2012

Needing a Booster Shot Of Patience

Little new kitties and puppies come in for their first visit to the vet when they are about 4 weeks old.  This is when they get their first puppy and kitty vaccinations.  Then, they get boosters again at 8 weeks, and then again at 12 weeks.  After that, it's not until they're 1 yr old that they finally get their big puppy & kitty or 'dog and cat' shots for the first time.  They are considered 'grown up'.
There are certain things I know are going to happen in the next year or so.
How do I know???
I just know.
So I wait.  Some days, I wait without even thinking about it because I am just so busy with every day living and life.  Other days, I think about it once or twice, but know that 'it's too soon' and more time is needing to pass.  So a little patience is needed.  But then, there are some days when I want it to happen now...sooner than later, and 'yesterday couldn't be too soon'.  That's when I need my 'Patience Booster'.
I need a Patience shot.  I'm so hopeful and long in desire for these things to happen so my patience is not necessarily 'wearing thin' because I will wait for as long as I need to for them to happen.
But...heavy sighs...I see a tinge of hope but then try to stay realistic without losing my focus.
Keep my eye on the goal...
keep my eye on the hope...
don't give up...
and be patient.
It will be worth it.

No comments: