Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Houses of Glass

Probably the most quoted 'quote' from General Conference was the following...'
As found on a bumper sticker....
'Don't judge me because I sin differently than you do.'

Within minutes, the quote was flying all over the internet, all over facebook and was twittered from one end of the country to the other. I even imagined it being translated into 100 different languages as members throughout the WORLD heard it spoken.
It's common knowledge that we all sin. Not a person that doesn't...
And yet, we ALL carry bags of stones and live in glass houses.
Are we ALL stupid...or truly believe that OUR sin is different than anothers sin??? Or, are there those of us that keep secrets better than others? Keep our skeletons under bolt AND chain?
I can hear it...'at least I don't do THAT!!' 'I'm only flirting with sin, I'm not actually sinning'. 'She's completely inactive - drinks, smokes, swears etc...' but 'I only lie if I have to, don't pay a full tithe or do my calling like I should...' OR whatever we want to say to justify our sin as 'not as bad as anothers sin'.
Time to throw away our bags of stones, tear down our glass houses and build strong homes of bricks....brick by brick of non judging strength. Bricks that will withstand the judgement of others because it's built on a foundation of Christ.

No comments: