Sunday, June 19, 2011

An Emotional Puddle



The day started with finding a little bunny rabbit on the front steps of our office where someone had obviously left it, hoping we could help it to live...it had been hit by a car. We couldn't. We had to put it to sleep.
The same resolve came for a dog that had been at our office since near the beginning of the month...Tinkerbell. Tinkerbell was being boarded at our office while it's owners were on a vacation. She has been sick off and on with a really bad skin disease that has basically been eating away at her body causing her to scratch so terribly that she was literally down to raw skin and holes left in her. She had been suffering for weeks. We put her to sleep near the noon hour. I watched as the medication calmed her body and relaxed her enough that they then gave her the drug to stop her heart from beating. I cried....
And then I ended the day watching the movie 'The Notebook'.
Not one of my more brilliant decisions.
Too personal...too applicable to my past...too recent.
I ended my day in an emotional meltdown...puddle on the floor...and a tender heart.
A hurt heart.
Ouch.

No comments: