Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My First Staff Meeting

I can't say that I wasn't warned....
but I had NOOOO idea that my first staff meeting would be sooo...
good!!!
Ha! No, really, it WAS good. Of course, it helps that we have a great staff, we had good food and everyone was in a pretty good mood.
Our office manager, Heather, had ordered food from Jason's Deli and then had a thorough, yet short agenda which gave us time to do some actual socializing at the end.
It was what you would call....short, sweet and to the point.
I'll be honest....being Mormon and raised with hundreds and hundreds of meetings, I actually waited and anticipated the meeting either opening or closing with prayer. I looked around once or twice to see if maybe I would see my Bishop conducting but when I finally realized I wasn't at church but in the comfort of my new surroundings of employment, I accepted that there would be no 'blessing on the food' or 'Praise the Lord hallelujahs' in response to the planning of a summer potluck lunch next month.
Apparently, staff meeting are held once a month. I will try to take a picture next month - maybe a 'before and after' shot, hoping that we compare nothing to the picture I found of their 'last month' meeting (shown above)...
Bahahaha...kidding....that was taken the month before!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

That picture is priceless!! (we don't look so bad, do we Marlys :)