Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Remember Me??? I'm Married to You!!!


The next chapter in the book I have been reading demands attention in my marriage.
It's title is 'The Couple Connection' and it's main theme focuses around the thought of the question, 'How connected are we as spouses?'
The first question asked is 'are you content with your current connection with your spouse?'
Well...no. Not content...it could always be better. But how?
'If nothing changes, nothing will change'. We cannot continue to behave towards one another as we have been and expect anything to be different.
So SOMETHING has to change.

The following quote from President Spencer W. Kimball is my answer....
'More marriages die from neglect than from sin. To love someone has little to do with being IN LOVE with them.'
Too many of us confuse proximity with togetherness...
...we confuse listening with hearing...
...talking with communicating...
...intentions with actions...
...sex with affection
...physical affection with intimacy

I have been neglecting Del, which in turn, has caused him to focus his attentions towards other more righteous things. He has lost the need for a wife because he has had to do without one for so long and now depends mostly on himself and the Lord.
I need to reconnect with my sweet husband. I need to be his wife again...his companion.

So, first things first...
"Touch good-bye and touch hello', meaning that when he leaves the house for an extended time, I should find him and 'touch' good-bye. And when he gets home after being gone, I should find him and 'touch' hello.
Call him from time to time...just to say hello.
Pray together...
Tell him, 'I love you' in a way that HE appreciates..."Do unto others as they would like it done unto them.'

These actions will start immediately...
...okay...it's 10:45 p.m....I'll start...
tomorrow.

No comments: