Saturday, June 11, 2011

He's Back At It


He wasn't feeling better until yesterday, Friday...so this was the first thing he did once he was 'not numb' anymore.
Del is making a 'whelping box'. Yeah, I know...I had to ask too. At work, Dr. Anderson was asking everyone if they knew anyone that made things with wood...uh...I couldn't just not say anything so I, of course, mentioned Del did a 'little tinkering with wood' on occasion. I ended up volunteering him to make Dr. Anderson a whelping box...Del, of course, accepted the volunteering and is even looking forward to the project.
Oh yeah...back to a whelping box....it's a large carrier or holding area that is used to deliver puppies...a 'birthing center' for dogs. It's not supposed to be all that fancy and stuff because it's going to have blood, amniotic fluid and after birth in it and all that comes with delivering babies. But no...Del is making it pretty nice...kind of like 'The Marriott' of delivery rooms. i just shake my head and leave him to his work. I came home from work today and saw him being so precise and exact in his work, the 'perfectionist side' of him exuding from his persona...I noticed the paper, pencil and measuring tape off to the side of a crude drawing he was following and sighed while I smiled and said..'Del, it's a birthing box for heavens sake!!!'...His response??? 'Yeah, but it's MY birthing box'.
Del NEVER does anything without giving it HIS all and HIS best.
If it represents HIM, it will be...perfect.
I shouldn't have expected anything else.
Dr. Anderson will be pleased.
I am.

No comments: