Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sara Bareilles




This is my new favorite singer...Sara Bareilles.
She is AMAZING...and extremely talented.
I love her voice, I love her songs, I love her talent.
She is GOOD.
Now, she is no Barbra Streisand, who is, in my opinion, still the best female singer of ALL time...as far as quality, breath support and overall talent. Celine Dion is next - same thing - quality, breath support and talent. Then, there are the following that I clump together as talented and very good...but just not Barbra or Celine... Faith Hill, Carrie Underwood, Karen Carpenter, Anne Murray and now...Sara Bareilles. There really aren't, in my opinion, (which means squat to most people), very many other women who are worth mentioning. I can barely stand any of the new popular singers...I think their talent is much assisted by technology and acoustics...not pure...and certainly not true to tone.
But Sara has made my list...my very picky list.
And I LOVE her. There are very few of her songs that I don't like and even fewer that don't just reach right down to the core of my soul and touch the most inner part of my being. And she writes them herself...she plays her own piano...her own guitar and sings her own songs. She has talent flowing from head to toe on her beautiful persona.
If you can't tell...I'm a fan.
If you readers get a chance, listen to her following songs....they are my favorites.
Gravity....The whole Kaleidoscope Heart CD...Morningside...and many others.
I will be using some of her songs in some of my blogs as her lyrics are amazing...and are perfect for some of the moods I am in most often...
Love LOVE me some Sara Bareilles!!!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Our entire family LOVES her! She's on lots of playlists in our house. Matt is especially selective when it comes to female singers and she is on his very short list of female singers he enjoys. The girls play her songs repeatedly :)