Friday, June 10, 2011

Every Day, For the Rest of My Life



Thank heavens Sunday is a day of rest...because this is what I have to live with every other day for the rest of my life.
I'm still in the 'initiation phase' of my job and this is BRUTAL!!!! These women are rough!!! Any one else would cave to their crazy antics and inside hysteria, but me??? I'm just taking it in stride hoping that if I can endure the rest of my 90 day 'initiation phase', I'll finally find some relief from their bizarre, yet acceptable behavior. What's sooo scary??? I've never met so many women before who are just like me, all in one place...except at my last family reunion!!!
The pink shirts are for the breast cancer walk they are taking tomorrow in honor of one of our doctors who is a recent breast cancer survivor. They have been decorating them for days on the counter in between surgery on cats, clipping dogs nails and cleaning up endless dog and cat pee and poop. Attractive, NO???
The clever hat accessories are ...just because they found them while going through some cupboards and decided to have a ...'moment'. I had to take a picture. The short little one is our Dr. Osteen...aka...littlest 'biggest' Mavericks fan you will ever meet....goes to EVERY game, including the playoffs here in Dallas...can you say 'over the top' nuts??? You spell that OSTEEN. She has taken it upon herself to decorate from floor to ceiling (literally), our office managers 'cave' with Mav's paraphernalia , who happens to be a Spur's fan. Friendly rivalry, in a very loose sense of the word.
And if you line up all the tech's and asked me to choose which one was the most...hmmm...(let's choose my words carefully)...which one was the most...hmmm...I would choose....ALL OF THEM!!!! They are ALL 'out there'...in the most tender of meanings, I really like each one of them. Thing I like the best??? Pretty tight knit group. They see the good in each other and are loyal to the good. Yes, they see the annoying bad and aggravating FLAWS in each other too...but they tend to over look those flaws and cover each others butt's. It's nice to see such loyalty.
I'm hoping that after my 'under the microscope, under fire initiation phase', I'll have a few loyal friends of my own.
If I can endure...THIS! (pictures)

No comments: