Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My New Gang....

The only snacks I'm allowed to eat are 'doggy treats'. JK!
Tracie, Jen and Heather C...first thing in the a.m.
The girls 'in the cave' with the head 'cave woman'..Heather M.
Linda Ives...the other receptionist and my trainer...
One of their 'happier' moments.....
Dr. Beverly Osteen...co-owner and biggest Mav fan EVER!!
Dr. Lisa Anderson...one of our full time doctors.
Jen and Tracie working on one of our patients..
The first few weeks, I fell flat on my face most every day.
I work with all women...the bosses, the tech's, the other receptionist and the doctor's. All women.
Now the pro's and con's....
Pro's....I work with all women...no men...no idiots...no testosterone, no macho ism, no bullies and no-one to tell me not to be myself. I can laugh and gossip and enjoy talking about my hubbie.
Con's....MOOD swings...hormones raging...gossiping...perfectionists and a little over the top laughing and 'girlfriend' moments. (talking behind closed doors).
Over all, it's good. In my three weeks there, I have only had one or two moments of 'thought' where I have wondered if I'm the right person for the job...but I think patience and understanding will be the winning characteristics in the long run. I can accept almost anyone for who they are and what they are able to contribute to any situation. I don't really get in to the gossip because I'm the new girl on the block and I'm still going through my 'initiation into the gang'. But I also am seeing that there are a few situations in which I am going to have to be really careful who I listen to and who's orders I follow. I need to make sure I remain very impartial and just learn my job the best I can so that i get to the point that I can make good judgement calls on my own. I've stepped on a few toes and made plenty of mistakes so far, but I'm also trying to blaze a path on my own. I don't necessarily agree with the way some things are being done and can see a better way in a few areas to do some routine things, but I'm also seeing that I need to wait to try a few of those until I've been there a little bit longer. I don't want to offend anyone this early in the game, although I'm pretty sure it's too late for that.
Each employee has something to offer in the whole scheme of things. I need to find and then appreciate what that is in each lady. They are each funny, unique in personality and all very opinionated and spirited. It's interesting to watch them mesh their professional lives together.
As I get to know each of them better, I will begin to share a little more insight about them here in my blog. I'm hoping to be here for a long time....

No comments: