Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm Making a Movie


This question was asked of me today....

'If you could delete any moment in your life, what would you delete?'

Of course, I asked specifics...'do you mean a day? a time period? an experience? a memory? a person? erase it? replay it? or completely delete it?'
The details were left up to me.

I've thought about it all day. I've talked about the idea of a 'delete' button before...how nice it would be to be able to use that button at any given time, in any given moment.
How would I choose??? Age 8-11 being sexually abused, the death of my son Michael, my mission, moments of bad choices, hurts, pains, disappointments, betrayals, lies, loneliness, embarrassments or health issues. How would I choose between those and a multitude of others????
Now, at the end of the day, I have come to a conclusion.
As much as I would like to, life is not meant to be deleted; not a single moment of it.
Would I like a 're-do' on some choices and moments?
YES....
Would I want them 'deleted'? Only in desperate moments. But all in all, each part of my life has to remain just 'as is' in order for my movie to be mine.
So...no delete buttons...no rewinds...no replays....and no erasing.
When my movie is played back in the next life for the whole world to see, it will play back just as it happened the first time...no curtain calls and no applause...no standing ovations and certainly no encores. There will be many who will 'walk out' of my life's story, just like they have the first time around, but there will also be many who will stay to the running of the 'credits' and until the last song is sung.
It's MY movie...and I choose to leave no parts 'on the cutting floor'.
It plays as is....

No comments: